BCR Fegan is a multi-award-winning author who has written a number of fairy tales and fantasies for children and young adults.
Raised on a small hobby farm only minutes from some of Australia’s greatest beaches, Fegan grew up inspired by the power of natures ambience. From the intensity of the frequent summer storms, to the overwhelming serenity of a lonely beach in the early hours of the morning. His ravenous appetite for both reading and writing soon saw him drawing on the transformational influence of the world around him to craft short stories, poems and picture books.
As time wore on, Fegan also found inspiration in the magic and depth of authors and compositors like Hans Christian Andersen, the Brothers Grimm and Charles Perrault. He was mesmerised by the potency of small but beautiful phrases that were carefully carved from the minds of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Alfred Lord Tennyson and Robert Frost. He grew to appreciate the worlds meticulously created by David Eddings, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis.
Eventually, he began to forge his own complete works. Weaving his own magic, piecing together his own phrases and crafting his own worlds. Agonising over plots that would inspire, characters that would be loved and circumstances that would delight. In time, his efforts saw a number of children’s books and young adult fiction produced.
Awards and Notable Achievements
- 2017 – Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards Bronze Winner (Henry and the Hidden Treasure)
- 2017 – Reader’s Favorite Gold Award Winner (The Grumpface)
- 2017 – Literary Titan Gold Book Award (The Grumpface / Henry and the Hidden Treasure / Titch the Itch)
- 2017 – BlueInk Starred Review (Henry and the Hidden Treasure)
- 2017 – #1 Amazon Best Seller, European Fairy Tales (The Grumpface)
- 2017 – Reviewed in Publishers Weekly (Henry and the Hidden Treasure)
- 2018 – Literary Titan Gold Book Award (Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32 / The Day That A Ran Away)
- 2018 – BlueInk Starred Review (Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32)
- 2018 – Rubery Book Award Illustrated Children’s Shortlist (Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32)
- 2018 – #1 Amazon New Release, Baby and Toddler Color Books (The Day That A Ran Away)
- 2018 – Reader’s Favorite Gold Award Winner (Don’t Ever Look Behind Door 32)
- April 2017 – The Bookbag – Interview for The Grumpface
- May 2017 – Aparna Singh – Interview with BCR Fegan, author of The Grumpface
- July 2017 – Literary Titan – Beyond the Grumpiness
- August 2017 – The Bookbag – Interview for Henry and the Hidden Treasure
- November 2017 – Anthony Avina – Interview with author BCR Fegan
- November 2017 – Literary Titan – The Power of Imagination
- January 2018 – Literary Titan – We Are Only Left With Loyalty
- March 2018 – Whispering Stories – The Writing Life of B.C.R. Fegan
- April 2018 – Literary Titan – A Curious Journey